SNPPA offers membership into categories in support of health practitioners, psychologists, performing artists, teachers, singers, dancers, and actors in all phases of educational training and professional careers. Annual dues for regular members are based on annual income level. The membership categories are outlined below.
List of benefits in all membership categories:
- Performing Arts Psychology Connections online newsletter subscription, which includes information to keep you up to date on recent trends in the discipline, notice of other related events and other information
- Early notice of SNPPA scientific/arts meetings, workshops, seminars
- Inclusion in and access to the online membership directory, featuring complete listings of all SNPPA members alphabetically, geographically, and by specialty
- Opportunities to advocate for better legislation and/or regulatory practices to improve the environment for performing arts training all educational levels
- Opportunity to work to elevate standards of performing arts training by developing and disseminating position statements and guidelines
- SNPPA Membership Certificate showing your name, date of membership, and level of membership.
- Continuing Education Opportunities at the annual meeting, which offer numerous symposia, comprehensive lectures, performance opportunities, poster sessions, and exhibits. It is designed to appeal to a wide spectrum of performing artists, music teachers, specialists and others with these interests
- Professional Development Courses: half-day in-depth sessions presenting the latest in performing psychological research applications to clinical practice
- Special Interest Groups to allow members from all disciplines to gather together and exchange views on areas of common interest. Special Interest Groups meet at the Annual Meeting
- Networking Opportunities at the annual meetings, in regional activities, committees, task forces, and other informal gatherings.